Saturday, March 3, 2012

Let's Do This, Chicago!


Even though I love Chicago, and even though I love running in Chicago, I woke up yesterday morning not wanting to leave my toasty Congress Hotel room. I figured it was cold, and I hadn't slept well. I wanted to stay curled in my California king bed. Yet, to my lovely surprise when I checked the weather, it was a balmy 42 degrees outside. I decided I couldn't let an opportunity to run in my second-favorite city in the world (London is my first). Energized, I got up and suited up for a delightful jaunt to Navy Pier and back (roughly 2 miles). I started at Buckingham Fountain, hit play on my playlist and started my workout. Moral of the story: Don't let an opportunity pass you by.

Song of the day: "Naive" by The Kooks

No comments:

Post a Comment